-- [ Ko2000 :: Mobile TCP ] --
Software for forwarding connections to the correct server depending on network (for example SMTP server connections), made for people traveling with a laptop, connecting to different networks
Automatically checks the network status and detects changes, then by a set of IP/Mask rules Mobile TCP will select which server to use.
Mobile TCP operates from the tray There is no nag screens, unwanted requesters or irritating sounds. Settings are straight forward. The uninstaller completely removes the program, its files and its registry entries, so do not feel afraid to try it.
- Can check either external IP numbers (outside a firewall) or internal.
- Forwards SMTP connections to the correct SMTP server.
- Works silently in the background.
- Easy to copy your current IP numbers to the clipboard.
- The Status window shows witch networks you have been connected to and when you sent e-mail. (see screen shot)
- Log file option to save all the status messages.
- Option to ignore the status of certain IP numbers.
- Can check you POP3 server for new e-mail.
- Full in program documentation.
If you like the software, have any questions, found a bug, or have a request for a feature then please send me an e-mail on: .
What are people saying about MobileTCP
This is a Super Tool! I'm using my laptop in many networks and many times I must use the SMTP settings of the local provider (smtp-aut not allowed). Mobile TCP helps me to manage the many settings I would have to change when I visit clients.
Keep up the good work!!!
v1.2.2 (Build 19)
- Beta version, please report any bugs you encounter.
- Works with Windows Vista.
- Works with the DEP feature enabled.
- Lots of GUI changes.
- Enhanced error detection.
v1.2 (Build 17)
- Fix for problem that some of the windows could disappear if they got minimized.
- Small fixes for the About dialog.
- Complete rewrite of engine.
- Default Network for unknown connections.
- Can change workgroup depending on what network you are connected to.
- Support for translations (Currently: English, Swedish and Czech).
- Updated documentation.
- Support for detecting network changes through trace route.
- New transparent 32 bit icons.
- And lots of other small updates and fixes.
- Supports up to 10 simultaneous connections.
- Lots of small bug fixes and beauty details.
- Better handling of errors when fetching external IPs.
- Will check for new versions of Mobile TCP on Internet.
- All dialogs have a sane default position.
- Minimized unnecessary checking of IP addresses.
- Lower price to register.